Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Two Years Later....

So it was January of 2006. We were living in our first house that we had bought. Had been there about 2 years. My kiddos call it our "old yellow house" due to the fact that we painted the soffit and facia yellow to go along with the red brick. My husband and I were getting ready to go and attend a funeral of a young kid who passed away. We were somewhat friends with the parents and wanted to go for support. I got dressed, fixed my hair just so, did my make up and then went to put on my jewelry. As I opened my jewelry box to put on my wedding ring, IT WAS GONE! I didn't totally freak out at first, just thought I needed to look elsewhere. I searched the usual places I could've put it, in the bathrooms or in the kitchen, yet no ring. A little bit of panic started to settle in and I started to wonder if one of our kids had done something with it...you see...at the time, our oldest was 5, our second child was 3, and then our youngest, well, he wasn't even crawling yet. My daughter, the 3 year old, loved to get into my jewelry box and play with whatever she found sparkly. After looking for my ring for about 30 minutes, I was sure my daughter had done something with the ring. Before I knew it it was time to head to the funeral. I thought to myself that I would just look for my ring whenever I got back home. However, after a couple hours and days of looking, I decided to come to terms that my ring was just lost. Possibly flushed down the toilet or something, just lost.
Later that year, we decided to put our house up for sale because we had started to outgrow our cute little yellow house. I couldn't help but to think in the back of my mind that surely my wedding ring would show up whenever we moved all of our stuff out. But yet, I was disappointed again..no ring. We ended up stuffing all of our belongings in the garage of our new home. As the months went by I began to forget about my wedding ring. My hubby, being the sweetie he is, bought me a different ring to substitute as my wedding ring. It wasn't much, but it was great to have another ring on my finger.
Eventually, we got settled in our new home around Jan of 07. Believe it or not, I would still look for my ring as a habit...just hoping and praying that it would just show up, even though we had moved from our yellow house. I mean, what are the odds of it just showing up??? Let's just say the odds were in my favor one day....
Christmas was starting to fill the air and the holidays were fast approaching. I was stepping down into our bedroom when low and behold MY WEDDING RING was laying right on the floor, directly in my path, as if it was put there specifically at that moment, waiting for me to notice it. I did a double take and I couldn't believe it! Almost as if I had been looking for it for so long that I could've been possibly imaging it there....but when I went to pick it up, it was for real! I screamed with excitement, bewilderment and more excitement! My hubby came running in the room and when he saw the ring, he couldn't believe his eyes either. Almost two years later, my wedding ring shows up in my room. Now you answer this question for me....how? Even after we had moved, how did my ring find me? How did my ring suddenly appear?? I can honestly say I believe my faith and perserverance in prayer did the trick. Never doubt the power of prayer!!
I can honestly say I never have and never will again:)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

That is an awesome story to start your blog with. I hereby dub your blog commented.

Manda said...

That is an amazing story. I'm so happy you found your wedding ring. I know how important that little ring is. I'm so happy you have a blog. We have one as well. I'm going to add you to my list of friends and family. Hope things are going great with you and your family.

Amanda